SESA is a Technical Society of Engineers Australia and the Australian affiliated chapter of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE).
SESA membership is open to anyone with an interest in Systems Engineering. Systems Engineering is a multi-disciplinary field and benefits from the diverse background of its members.
SESA membership comprises of people working in technology domains including IT & Telecommunications, Defence, Aerospace, Intelligent Transport, Medical Devices and Energy Utilities. Members also come from a wide range of disciplines such as Project Management, Software & Hardware Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Test Engineering and others.
Why Join SESA?
SESA is the lead Systems Engineering learned society within Australia, and is therefore able to offer the following key benefits to all individual members:
- Full membership of INCOSE. Please click here to read about the benefits of INCOSE membership
- An opportunity to network and share ideas with other Systems Engineering professionals at SESA events
- A substantial discount when registering for SESA’s annual SETE Conference (Systems Engineering Test and Evaluation) usually held in May. SETE provides networking opportunities and presentations from other professionals in the field. It includes a combination of plenary sessions, panels, papers, tutorials, workshops and trade exhibits
- A substantial discount when registering for SESA’s annual ASEW (Australian Systems Engineering Workshop) usually held in October. ASEW, through various modes of workshop engagement, provides access to peers and technical specialists across numerous industries to breakdown and explore present day and real-world issues
- Access to technical sessions, seminars and the National Speaker Program. Whilst most events are free for members, where there is a fee-payable event all SESA members will receive discounts
- The opportunity to support and contribute to the development of guidelines, manuals, practice notes and government submissions that facilitate the implementation of system engineering principals.
SESA Individual Membership
Individual memberships are available in three grades:
- Student Member*
- Senior Member**
*Members qualify for student membership if they are enrolled in a university or TAFE/VET course in a full-time capacity. Proof of student status will be required.
**Members qualify for senior membership if they are at least 64 years of age at the time of their membership renewal and have maintained their individual membership for the five membership years prior to applying for the Senior category.
There are no restrictions on joining SESA. You do not need to be a member of Engineers Australia to be a member of SESA however discounts apply to those with a membership of both Engineers Australia and SESA. There is also a discount on your Engineers Australia Membership if you are a member of one or more Technical Societies.
All information regarding fees and discounts is available here.
How to Join SESA
All prospective members of SESA will need to join via the EA Membership Portal. As mentioned above, you do not have to be a member of Engineers Australia to obtain an EA ID and join a Technical Society.
To join SESA please click on the above link which will take you to the Technical Societies homepage on the Engineers Australia website. Here you will see an option to ‘Join a Technical Society’. Click ‘Log in to myPortal’ and then follow the relevant instructions below:
Already have an EA ID:
If you already have an EA ID then please log in, there is a ‘Forgot/Reset Password’ link if needed.
If you do not have an EA ID:
Please click on the ‘Create new account’ link and fill in the necessary details. An EA ID will be sent to you automatically. From here you can log-in to myPortal.
Once you have logged in to myPortal:
- When you have logged in you will need to select ‘Join a Technical Society’ from the options provided in the main menu. Please note that depending on what device you are using this might be under ‘Products and Services’.
- Click ‘Join’ and select ‘Systems Engineering Society of Australia’ from the drop-down list.
- From here complete the form as necessary and submit. Please note that you need to agree to the Terms and Conditions for membership to be processed.
Once your membership has been activated you will be able to access all the benefits of SESA membership immediately. Within 10 working days you will also receive your INCOSE membership information.
SESA Corporate Membership
If you belong to a company or government department involved in the acquisition, design, development, manufacturing, implementation, or support of complex projects and systems, or provide education and training in systems engineering and related fields, then Corporate Membership with SESA maybe a great opportunity for your organisation to become involved with and enhance Systems Engineering in Australia and your organisation. To apply for Corporate Membership you can download the application form here.
The below demonstrates the two grades of Corporate Membership available – Gold and Silver, and the benefits of each:
|Individual company nominees receive the same benefits as individual SESA members including INCOSE membership.||Two nominees||Four nominees|
|Advertising the company as a Gold or Silver Corporate Member on the SESA website under Cooperate Members||Yes||Yes|
|Representation of the company on the SESA Management Committee via the SESA External Engagement representative.||Yes||Yes|
|One complimentary registration for the Corporate Engagement Group events at SETE and ASEW.||Yes||Yes|
|One complimentary registration for the opening plenary keynote presentations at SETE and ASEW.||Yes||Yes|
|COST||$429.00 inc GST||$900.00 inc GST|
Widget not in any sidebars