SESA is a Technical Society of Engineers Australia and the Australian affiliated chapter of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE).
Individual memberships are available in three grades:
- Student Member
- Senior Member
and are purchased through Engineers Australia. Individual membership of SESA confers all of the benefits of membership of INCOSE.
Individual membership is open to everyone with an interest in Systems Engineering. Systems Engineering is a multi-disciplinary field and benefits from the diverse background of its members.
SESA membership comprises of people working in technology domains including IT & Telecommunications, Defence, Aerospace, Intelliigent Transport, Medical Devices, and Energy Utlities. Members also come from a wide range of disciplines such as Project Management, Software & Hardware Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Test Engineering and others.
SESA also has strong ties with academic institutions that offer courses in Systems Engineering and research & development into Systems Engineering best practices.
Why JOIN SESA
SESA is the lead Systems Engineering learned society within Australia, and is therefore able to offer the following key benefits to all individual members:
- Full membership with INCOSE. Please click here to read about the significant benefits of INCOSE membership.
- An opportunity to network with other Systems Engineering professionals at SESA events;
- SESA’s annual SETE (Systems Engineering Test and Evaluation Conference) held in May – provides networking opportunities and presentations from other professionals in the field. It includes a combination of plenary sessions, panels, papers, tutorials, workshops and trade exhibits. SESA members get a substantial discount when registering for this conference;
- SESA’s annual ASEW (Australian Systems Engineering Workshop) held in late October – through various modes of workshop engagement this event provides access to Peers and technical specialists across numerous industries to breakdown and explore present day and real world issues.
- NSP (National Speaker Talks) held quarterly
How to JOIN SESA
There are three ways to join SESA depending on your interests and circumstances:
- By becoming a paying member of Engineers Australia then adding SESA onto your profile as a technical society (at a reduced rate).
- By joining SESA without becoming a paying member of Engineers Australia
- If you are already an INCOSE member we can associate your existing account to SESA by contacting email@example.com with your INCOSE membership details.
However, because SESA’s membership is administered through EA, if you choose either option 1 or 2 above, you will need to register first on the EA membership page.
Once you have registered with EA you can join SESA by adding us to your Technical Societies.
By joining SESA you will also become a member of INCOSE as SESA is the Australian Chapter of INCOSE.
Once you have joined we will send you a SESA Welcome Pack to your registered email.
For membership fees, please see Technical Society membership fees on the Engineers Australia website: https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/Membership/Membership-Fees
If you belong to a company or government department involved in the acquisition, design, development, manufacturing, implementation, or support of complex projects and systems, or provide education and training in systems engineering and related fields, then Corporate Membership with SESA maybe a great opportunity for your organisation to become involved with and enhance Systems Engineering in Australia and your organisation. To apply for Corporate Membership you can download the application form here.
The below demonstrates the two grades of Corporate Membership available – Gold and Silver, and the benefits of each:
|Individual company nominees receive the same benefits as individual SESA members including INCOSE membership.||Two nominees||Four nominees|
|Advertising the company as a Gold or Silver Corporate Member on the SESA website under Cooperate Members||Yes||Yes|
|Representation of the company on the SESA Management Committee via the SESA External Engagement representative.||Yes||Yes|
|One complimentary registration for the Corporate Engagement Group events at SETE and ASEW.||Yes||Yes|
|One complimentary registration for the opening plenary keynote presentations at SETE and ASEW.||Yes||Yes|
|COST||$429.00 inc GST||$900.00 inc GST|