SESA is a Technical Society of Engineers Australia and the Australian affiliated chapter of the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE).
Individual memberships are available in three grades:
- Student Member
- Senior Member
and are purchased through Engineers Australia. Individual membership of SESA confers all of the benefits of membership of INCOSE.
Individual membership is open to everyone with an interest in Systems Engineering. Systems Engineering is a multi-disciplinary field and benefits from the diverse background of its members.
SESA membership comprises of people working in technology domains including IT & Telecommunications, Defence, Aerospace, Intelliigent Transport, Medical Devices, and Energy Utlities. Members also come from a wide range of disciplines such as Project Management, Software & Hardware Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Test Engineering and others.
SESA also has strong ties with academic institutions that offer courses in Systems Engineering and research & development into Systems Engineering best practices.
Why JOIN SESA
SESA is the lead Systems Engineering learned society within Australia, and is therefore able to offer the following key benefits to all individual members:
- Full membership with INCOSE. Please click here to read about the significant benefits of INCOSE membership.
- An opportunity to network with other Systems Engineering professionals at SESA events;
- SESA’s annual SETE (Systems Engineering Test and Evaluation Conference) held in May – provides networking opportunities and presentations from other professionals in the field. It includes a combination of plenary sessions, panels, papers, tutorials, workshops and trade exhibits. SESA members get a substantial discount when registering for this conference;
- SESA’s annual ASEW (Australian Systems Engineering Workshop) held in late October – through various modes of workshop engagement this event provides access to Peers and technical specialists across numerous industries to breakdown and explore present day and real world issues.
- NSP (National Speaker Talks) held quarterly
How to JOIN SESA
Applications for membership with SESA are performed online via the Engineers Australia Technical Societies website.
Steps to create an EA account are as follows:
- If you don’t have an EA account, create a free account (https://portal.engineersaustralia.org.au/profile/create)
- Select “Manage my Technical Society Membership”
- Select “New Memberships”.
- In the form, select the following: Select “Systems Engineering Society of Australia” Request Type “Individual” Chapter: select the state Membership Grade “Member”
- Click next and continue to payment.
Once you have joined, please lookout for a Welcome pack from SESA in your email.
For membership fees, please see fees for technical society on the Engineers Australia website: https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/Membership/Membership-Fees
If you belong to a company or government department involved in the acquisition, design, development, manufacturing, implementation, or support of complex projects and systems, or provide education and training in systems engineering and related fields, then Corporate Membership with SESA maybe a great opportunity for your organisation to become involved with and enhance Systems Engineering in Australia and your organisation.
As a corporate member, the following key benefits are available:
- Employees of Corporate Members receive member discounts at SESA Conferences, Symposia and Workshops;
- Corporate Members are represented on the SESA Management Committee;
- The names of our Corporate Members are displayed on the SESA Website, thus giving your organisation greater exposure;