Details provided on this page support becoming a Certified Australian Systems Engineer (CASE) through achieving:
- Certification as a Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP), certified by INCOSE
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) certification, registered in the System Engineering (SE) area of practice.
Supplemental guidance and details are provided under the topic of CASE Development to support achieving recognition by INCOSE as an Associated Systems Engineering Professional (ASEP) and assist in future CASE Pathway application. This section provides valuable information and links to assist in gaining knowledge on Systems Engineering and CSEP preparation, including INCOSE SE Handbook knowledge exam training.
There are two pathways available to achieve CASE, namely:
- CASE Pathway 1: Chartered Professional Engineering (CPEng) applicants that wish to achieve Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) accreditation through INCOSE
- CASE Pathway 2: Professional Engineering (PEng) applicants that wish to achieve Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) accreditation through INCOSE and subsequently use this to attain Chartered Professional Engineers (CPEng), for registration in the Systems Engineering area of practice, through Engineers Australia Also depicted in the diagram are three Special Cases:
- Special Case Entry 1 – Supporting an applicant who already possesses CPEng and CSEP certifications (meeting EA and INCOSE membership requirements) but wants to achieve CPEng certification in the SE area of practice (see CPEng – SE Area of Practice)
- Special Case Entry 2 – Supporting an applicant who already possesses PEng qualification and CSEP certification (meeting EA and INCOSE membership requirements)and wants to achieve CPEng certification in the SE area of practice (see CPEng – SE Area of Practice)
- Special Case Bypass – ASEP certified applicants applying for CSEP need not complete the INCOSE SE Handbook Knowledge Exam a second time provided the application is made within 5 years of gaining ASEP